SBDC Starting a Business
Small Business Basic — Starting Your Business
- Business Plan Workbook (55 KB) — A useful tool developed by the Albuquerque SBDC to assist you in developing your business plan. The SBDC also offers a course on "Writing a Business Plan."
Sample Business Plans — Palo Alto software has this useful web site of sample business plans for you to review.
How to License a New Business (138 KB) — Steps for licensing your new business.
- Obtaining Your Business Tax ID Number (CRS) — The application and forms needed to apply for your business tax ID number through the state of New Mexico.
- Application for your Employer Identification Number (EIN) — IRS Form SS-4 to be used by employers, corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates, churches, government agencies, Indian tribal entities, certain individuals, and others.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) — search for the industry code for your business.
- Small Business Classroom — Knowledge is the most important asset to small businesses in the 21st century. This classroom off of the SBA web site is a digital strategy for reaching new markets and training small businesses.
- Starting Courses Directory — This directory from SBA's Online Women's Business Center will guide you through the critical steps necessary to make your dreams come true.
- Entrepreneur.com - Franchise Zone — an excellent source from Entrepreneur magazine for those seeking out franchise opportunities.