Assessment Process & Report Forms
For newly approved areas/programs/disciplines, the following must be completed by the dates indicated:
- Enter student learning outcome statements (SLOs) in CurricUNET by the first day of the following June.
- Develop and submit by September 30 a 5-year assessment cycle plan (using the form provided by SAAC). At least one outcome should be assessed each year. All outcomes, where feasible, should be assessed within the 5-year cycle. SAAC requests/strongly recommends that each outcome be assessed for at least two consecutive years.
For existing areas/programs/disciplines, the assessment process is as follows:
- Assess, all outcomes, where feasible, over a 5-year period. At the end of the 5 years, develop a new 5-year assessment cycle plan (which is due by September 30 in the fall of the year in which the new plan will be implemented).
- Submit assessment reports by September 30 of each year.
- The reporting period runs from Summer (for which assessment is optional) through the following Spring.
- Retain the following documentation within the school for a minimum of seven years (electronic files are sufficient):
- Assessment Cycle Plans
- Assessment Reports
- Masters of assessment tools used for each outcome
- Compiled assessment results from the assessment tools and any related data analyses