Interviewing: Professional Perspective
In October 2011, CNM's Job Connection Services filmed interviews with employer representatives from a variety of local businesses. These individuals volunteered their time to help CNM students and graduates understand what is important when interviewing for a job. We now have the finished product and are very pleased with the quality. We're eager to share this with the CNM community and to invite you to take a look.
If you want to know what employers are looking for in a strong candidate, you'll find the answers here.
You can watch complete interviews for each individual here and/or click on links below for specific questions and answers.
Featured in this video
- Steven Martinez, Paychex, Inc.
- Mark Leech, City of Albuquerque
- Nancy Whitson, Presbyterian Health Services
- John Oleson, Stainless Motors
- James Lamoureux, CNM Culinary Arts
Answers to specific questions by all of the employer representatives
- What is the first thing you notice about an interviewee?
- What attire is appropriate for an interview in your field?
- How important is it for the interviewee to research the company and/or the job?
- When you ask an interviewee, "Tell me about yourself, "what are you looking for?
- What type of questions from interviewees impress you?
- What type of questions are inappropriate?
- What advice would you give to someone interviewing for a job in your field?
- Any final thoughts?