Continuing Student Advisement Preparation
How to prepare for your appointment with an Academic Advisor if you are a CONTINUING STUDENT at CNM
Things to do:
- Know your CNM Student ID Number & carry your CNM ID with you at all times
- Read & understand the CNM course catalog
*If you are following an older catalog, inform your advisor.
- Run a Certificate & Degree Evaluation (CAPP). You can run your CAPP report by logging into your myCNM account, clicking on the “Student” tab & selecting “Online Certificate & Degree Evaluation”.
- If you are pursuing a Coordinated Entry Program i.e. Nursing, Radiology, DMS, Respiratory Therapy, have you attended an information session recently? Visit the program webpage for current requirements.
Things to think about:
- Have your educational goals changed since your last visit with an Academic Advisor? What are your current goals? Have your other commitments changed?
Things to bring:
- CNM ID number (required)
- Government issued photo ID (required)
- Questions for your Academic Advisor *
- Pen/Paper for notes
* Note: Check with Financial Aid & Scholarship Services regarding the status of your financial aid award or application and to address any questions about your funding. Academic Advisement and Job Connection Services cannot answer any questions related to financial aid.