Professional Development Opportunities
Participating in training and professional development increases knowledge, skills, and abilities required to progress personally and professionally. To view a description, click on your choice from the list of titles.
Scheduled at Main Campus from 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. on the dates listed below. Participation on both the third and fourth Friday of the month is required.
- January 16 in SB 132 and Jan. 23 in JS 208
- February 20 in JS 208 and Feb. 27 in SRC 204
- March 20 in SB 132 and Mar. 27 in SRC 204
- April 17 in JS 208 and Apr. 24 in SRC 204
- May 15 in SB 132 and May 22 in SRC 204
- June 19 in SB 132 and June 26 in SRC 204
This orientation is required for all full-time faculty and staff within thirty days of hire to help new employees learn about CNM resources, culture, and community. Participants learn about the college's vision of "Changing Lives and Building Community," and have the opportunity to listen to CNM's senior leadership about the functions of various offices and departments.
Participants will hear from President Winograd and the Vice Presidents on the third Friday of each month. On the fourth Friday of the month, participants will hear from other office and department leaders at the college. Go to our Employee Training registration portal to register.
- Tuesdays at Montoya Campus from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. in J-116 starting 2/3 through 3/10
- Wednesdays at Main Campus from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. in SRC-204 starting 2/4 through 3/11
- Thursdays at Westside Campus from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. in WSII-123 starting 2/5 through 3/12
By learning how to integrate wellness in our lives we can enjoy improved health, morale, and workplace productivity. This six week schedule starts with learning about behavior changes that will help us embrace wellness and ends with a module on Nutrition. Sign up today to practice Tai Chi, Chair Yoga, Mindfulness, and more!
- Scheduled the third Thursday of each month from 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in SRC-204, beginning February 2015.
Human Resources and the Business Office are facilitating monthly forums to provide timely information on policy, process, and other important updates from the Finance and Operations Division. These forums will improve communication efforts, increase transparency, and develop critical partnerships across CNM. Please register under the Performance Support sub-category, CNM Employees category.
- Goal Setting sessions scheduled on Friday, February 6, 2015, in SB 132.
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (noon)
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. option
- Strengths Quest schedule to be determined.
Student Services employees are invited to participate in these training opportunities intended to improve goal setting during our annual performance evaluations.
Strengths Quest is used by more than 600 universities in North America. More than one million people have used Strengths Quest to gain insights into how to use their talents to achieve academic, career, and leadership development. Participants will learn about their specific strengths, how to interpret them, and how to apply them for career success. Learn how to identify and build on your talents to further your career and personal success!
Goal setting is a powerful process. Effective goal setting allows you to impact your career and provides a tool to motivate yourself, turning your vision into reality. By knowing precisely what you want to achieve professionally, you know where you have to concentrate your efforts. This training builds on employee's Strengths and aligns goal setting with personal talents. There is a great deal of difference between the most successful 5 percent of the population and the rest of the nation. The top 5 percent establishes clear, positive, and effective goals for themselves. Learn how to develop effective, specific, and measurable goals that will be included in your annual performance evaluations.
For more information, please contact Greta Berry at (505) 224-4000 x 51717.
This training will provide faculty and staff the tools to create and share video, training modules, and lectures at a convenient place and time. My Mediasite is a powerful desktop launch pad for users to record, upload, manage, and publish video content using:
Mediasite Desktop Recorder
Participants need to bring either a personal or CNM issued laptop. iPads and other tablets are not compatible. You can request a CNM laptop by contacting the ITS Service Department at 224-4357.
To register, go to the Training Registration portal, select CNM Employees and Performance Support catalogs.
- Friday, January 30th from 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (noon) in SRC 120
- Friday, April 24th from 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (noon) in SRC 120
- Friday, June 26th from 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (noon) in SRC 120
Learn how to create engaging, high-quality web content in this hands-on workshop with CNM's web team. Avoid common problems and reach your audience with new found clarity. This class, required to contribute to cnm.edu, is facilitated by Elliot Konetzni, associate director of Web Strategy at CNM. Elliot has broad experience in technical and design fields and is passionate about creating accessible, quality web sites. Go to our Employee Training registration portal to register.
All sessions are held in the Enrollment Services conference room, 1st floor, Student Services Building, Room 103, Main Campus.
- January 15th from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- February 17th from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- March 18th from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- April 17th from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- May 21st from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- June 17th from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Enrollment Services is officially rolling out Transfer Evaluation System (TES). Many New Mexico institutions are now available so you can help students determine how CNM courses will transfer to other institutions. Other topics will include how to run Curriculum, Advisement, and Program Planning (CAPP) reports, look up test scores, and view student registration and transcripts. Audience is for new or current advisors, achievement coaches, faculty chairs, and program chairs.
Click on the Employee Training registration portal, login, select Courses, CNM Employees, and Performance Support to register.