Check Release Day Tips
Dates for Release of Funds
- Check: September 19, 2014
- Direct Deposit: September 17, 2014
- Check: February 13, 2015
- Direct Deposit: February 11, 2015
- Check: June 19, 2015
- Direct Deposit: June 11, 2015
* Every Friday thereafter *
Checks are released from the Cashier's office (contact information and locations)
Checks not picked up will be mailed out by Cashier's; normally the Tuesday after check release
Financial Aid Check Release
Financial aid checks are given out on a set date each term and again every Friday thereafter. It is important to bring a CNM or other state-issued photo ID to pick up a Financial Aid check. Disbursement takes place at the Main, Montoya and Westside campuses only at the Cashier's office. If the majority of your credit hours take place at the Montoya campus or at the Westside campus, your check will be there. Otherwise, it will be at the Main Campus. Recipients must have a valid picture ID to pick up checks.
There are several reasons funds may be different than expected. For example,
- Students are generally paid three (3) weeks after a short term class starts
- Ineligible courses are not paid for
- Tuition/fees and Bookstore charges are taken from the disbursement
- Students are paid the full amount of Pell for 12 or more financial aid eligible courses; 9-11 credits = 3/4 of the full amount, 6-8 credits = half of the full amount. Actual amounts can be seen at the bottom of your class schedule
- Making Satisfactory Academic Progress
- There are limits on Pell Grant and Loan fund received for Preparatory coursework
Enrolled in an eligible program and in eligible courses
Check release dates are noted in your financial aid award letter and in the Schedule of Classes.
Lines are longest at the beginning of the day. The wait time is significantly shorter by late morning and afternoon of disbursement day.
Financial aid staff are available on disbursement day to help answer any questions you may have about your check amount.
Generally, only students who have received an award notification will receive aid. This is a good indication that your file is certified.
To assist with processing make certain to:
- Respond to all requests for additional documentation in a timely manner.
- Contact CNM Financial Aid and Scholarship Services when you have questions about your aid.
- Notify us if you attended or received aid at another school during the school year.
Checks are mailed the Tuesday morning after the check release—an alternative for those who do not wish to stand in line. Students should confirm that CNM has a correct mailing address in myCNM.
Address changes must be reported in writing to the Student Records Office at Main Campus or to the Admissions offices at the Montoya, South Valley, and Westside campuses. Address Change forms are available at any of these offices and online at cnm.edu. Address changes are not accepted by e-mail or telephone.
Student employees must also notify Financial Aid and Scholarship Services of any change of address.