Disbursement Day Tips
Your check is made available as soon as possible. Check release dates are noted in your financial aid award letter and in the Schedule of Classes.
Recipients must have a valid picture ID to pick up checks.
Financial aid checks are released from the Cashier’s office at Main and Montoya campuses. Unless most of your credit hours are scheduled at the Montoya campus, your financial aid checks will be released from Main campus.
Lines are longest at the beginning of the day. The wait time is significantly shorter by late morning and afternoon of disbursement day.
Financial aid staff are available on disbursement day to help answer any questions you may have about your disbursement.
Generally, only students who have received an award notification will receive aid. This is a good indication that your file is certified, and you are scheduled to receive aid as long as you are:
- Enrolled in an eligible program and in eligible courses. There are limits on Pell Grant and Loan funds received for Preparatory coursework.
- Making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
To assist with processing make certain to:
- Respond to all requests for additional documentation in a timely manner.
- Contact CNM Financial Aid and Scholarship Services when you have questions about your aid.
- Notify us if you attended or received aid at another school during the school year.
After seven days, financial aid checks are mailed—an alternative for those who do not wish to stand in line. Students should confirm that CNM has a correct mailing address.
Address changes must be reported in writing to the Student Records Office at Main Campus or to the Admissions offices at the Montoya, South Valley, and Westside campuses. Address Change forms are available at any of these offices and online at cnm.edu. Address changes are not accepted by e-mail or telephone.
Student employees must also notify Financial Aid and Scholarship Services of any change of address.