Student Employment Job Descriptions
- Clerical functions (copying, collating, word processing, filing, answering phones, etc.)
- Compliance with Federal Privacy laws when accessing confidential student information
- Level of supervision will vary from close to working independently
- Provide customer service to students, other CNM departments and the public
- Other duties as assigned to meet departmental needs
Experience and Technical Skills
- Experience required will vary depending on specific job duties
- Appropriate verbal and written communication skills
- Related coursework may be required
Note: Some jobs require specific skills, such as: bilingual abilities, heavy lifting, certification/licensure, computer software expertise, etc.
Student Aide V Job Description / AmeriCorps
Must be a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident. AmeriCorps members gain a sense of fulfillment by serving New Mexico's most diverse low income communities. AmeriCorps is open to students who are interested in building community by working with programs which provide a wide range of community based services. Examples include working with children in afterschool programs, community arts projects, sustainability, civic engagement and community health. All eligible applicants may earn an educational scholarship of up to $2,300 when their designated term of service is completed. To be an active UNM Service Corps Member during regular semester, the student must be a workstudy eligible, full-time CNM student enrolled in a degree seeking program.
Reminder: Student employees are considered "at will" employees. The base pay for student employees is $8.75 an hour