If you have any questions about making a gift to the CNM Foundation, we will be pleased to assist you. Please call us at (505) 224-4685.
The CNM Foundation is committed to the principle that no student should be denied the opportunity for an education due solely to a lack of financial resources. Yet, CNM has a higher percentage of students with financial need than any other New Mexico colleges. Although the college receives federal and state financial assistance, these funds do not meet the vast need of financial assistance for CNM students to improve their lives through higher education. Especially during these economic times, CNM's students must balance the cost of an education with living necessities - shelter, food, and clothing.
Ways to Give
Your gift to the CNM Foundation will support our work today and our mission in the years to come. We invite you to consider some of the following giving opportunities. The following are ways that you can make a gift to the CNM Foundation. We thank you for your generosity and your gift will be acknowledged for your tax records.
Gifts of Cash
As gift of cash is the most common and one of the easiest ways to support the CNM Foundation. You can make a gift by sending a check or if you are a CNM employee, you can give through payroll deduction.
Make your check payable to the CNM Foundation, designated for the appropriate purpose and mail to:
525 Buena Vista SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
Many national and local corporations will match their employees' gifts to the CNM Foundation dollar-for-dollar, doubling the power of your gift.
A Gift in Memory or in Honor
Honor someone special or recognize an important event or date with a memorial or commemorative gift.
Gifts of Stock or Securities
Often a gift can be made with little more than a phone call to your stockbroker.
Wills and Bequests
Leave a legacy or bequest for the CNM Foundation in your will.
If you have a life insurance policy that you no longer need, consider using it to support student success at CNM. Simply designate the CNM Foundation as the beneficiary of the policy.
Gifts of Equipment and Materials (In-kind Donations)
Equipment or materials in good condition can be used in the classroom or other program support and is invaluable to the success of CNM.
How to establish a Scholarship at CNM
An Endowed Scholarship
Donors wishing to create a lasting legacy with the CNM Foundation may consider a named scholarship endowment, which will allow them to determine the endowment's name and criteria. To create a named scholarship endowment, a donor provides a contribution of $20,000 payable over five years. Endowed funds provide everlasting support for our students.
Support an Existing CNM Scholarship
In addition to establishing an endowed scholarship you may also contribute to one of the following scholarships that support student success. Donations of any amount may be contributed.
- Arts and Science Programs Scholarship Endowment - scholarships to students in programs who will transfer onto four year institutions.
- Career and Technical Programs Scholarship Endowment - scholarships to students in career and technical programs.
- Adult and General Education Programs Scholarship Endowment - scholarships to students at CNM working to take the GED exam or may have recently completed their GED and are beginning their college education.
- CNM Presidential Scholarship Endowment – provides scholarship support to exceptional Dual Credit students who select CNM as their gateway into higher education.
- Faculty Development Endowment – provides faculty professional development opportunities to maintain a high quality and dedicated faculty base at CNM.
- The Rust Opportunity Assistance Scholarship Endowment - Established by Jack and Donna Rust in 2005, this scholarship helps students meet unforeseen personal difficulties that impose financial problems such as helping to pay for childcare or vehicle repair to prevent a student from dropping out. With this type of non-traditional scholarship assistance, our students are more likely to achieve their educational goals.
- The CNM Annual Fund - The CNM Annual Fund provides "dollars where needed most." Whether through direct support of students, faculty development or program support, these donations help the College meet its mission of pursuing a level of community college excellence that is worthy of local and national recognition.
- The Milestone Scholarship Fund – Rewarding academic persistence - Performance-based scholarships are a new and innovative type of financial aid in post-secondary education. The approach is simple – give students a concrete incentive to excel while in school and they will achieve higher educational outcomes. Donations to the fund will support students who make a commitment to their education, utilize the services of CNM Connect and maintain their GPA level.
Donations of any size can be contributed to funds still seeking full endowment.