Contact the Student Activities Main Office at (505) 224-3238.
Date, Time, Location
Graduation Ceremony is on: Saturday, May 6, 2017.
Graduation Ceremony starts promptly at: 12:00 p.m.
Graduation Ceremony is at: Tingley Coliseum, Expo New Mexico.
Graduates must report to the Creative Arts Building by 10:00 a.m. for check in and pre-graduation procedures.
Graduates are required to attend the full length of the ceremony. If you are unable to attend the full length of the Graduation Ceremony, please contact the Student Activities Office to make arrangements to attend the following graduation ceremony. The graduation ceremonies are held every Fall and Spring semesters.
Graduates who are late may not be able to participate in the ceremony.
- Blue caps and gowns are required.
- Please ensure that you wear comfortable shoes as you will be standing for one to two hours prior to the actual ceremony.
Day of Graduation Ceremony
Schedule of Events
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Graduate check-in, line-up and pre-graduation events.
11:00 a.m.: Graduates begin to line up in the Flower Building
12:00 p.m.: GRADUATION!
Arriving at Tingley Coliseum, Parking Information
Entrance: Graduates, family members and friends will all enter Tingley Coliseum through Gate 8 located just off Louisiana Blvd. and Lomas SE. All Graduates should report to the Creative Arts Building no earlier than 10:00 a.m. for the graduate check-in process.
Parking for the graduation ceremony will only be free for graduates who are participating (walking) in the actual ceremony. If you are participating in the ceremony, you will receive one (1) free parking permit that will need to be displayed on your vehicle's rear view mirror. Parking permits are available at one of the
Student Activities Office locations:
Student Service Center
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
- If the parking permit is not displayed, a fee of $5.00 will be charged for parking. Parking access will be through Gate 8 which is just south of the intersection at Lomas & Louisiana Blvd NE.
- Handicap parking: The parking attendants can direct you to the appropriate area for handicap parking.
Please arrive on time – Graduates who arrive after 11:00 a.m. may not be allowed to walk so PLEASE BE ON TIME.
Notes About Tingley Coliseum
Secure your belongings: Unfortunately the Creative Arts Building and Tingley Coliseum do not provide a secure location for your personal belongings (purses, cameras, gifts, flowers, cell phones). It is important that you have family members or friends secure your personal belongings. Also, you will need your hands free to receive your diploma. Personal belongings are not allowed on the graduate floor.
Cameras: Guests are allowed to bring cameras but cameras are not permitted in the Graduate seating area.
Regalia: Be sure to check that you have all of your graduation regalia before you leave the bookstore. Extra tassels, caps, and gowns will not be available at the ceremony.
- Seating: Due to State Fire Marshal code, the chairs will be zip tied for your safety and these chairs will be very close to your fellow graduates during the ceremony.
Professional Photography will be provided for Graduates by Grad Track/Chappell Photography Studios. Pictures will be sent to graduates home & e-mail addresses. (See their web page for details: https://www.gradimages.com/).
You can invite as many guests as you want. Tingley Coliseum is a large venue and there is not a limit on how many guests you can invite.
- Tickets: Tickets are not needed for family members or your other guests.
- Parking: Please instruct your family and guests to arrive by 11:15 a.m. to ensure they find parking and will be able to see the start of your Graduation Ceremony. There will be other events taking place on the same day which will cause the parking area to be very busy. Non-graduate guests will be charged $5.00 per vehicle. Parking access will be through Gate 8 which is just south of the intersection at Lomas & Louisiana Blvd NE.
Children: Unfortunately children are not allowed on the graduate floor area where you will be sitting during the ceremony. Please make prior arrangements with family members or friends to watch your children so that they can enjoy the ceremony from the approved seating areas.
After the ceremony: Be sure to make arrangements to meet your party outside of Tingley Coliseum after the ceremony.
Your Diploma or Certificate
Your actual degree/certificate is not processed until all grades have been posted. Enrollment Services will e-mail you using your CNM e-mail address when your diploma or certificate is available to be picked up.