Terms and Conditions of Employment and Pay Information for Full Time Faculty Overload Assignments
Acknowledgment of your overload class assignment(s) and these additional terms, conditions, and pay information constitutes an employment contract between you and CNM for the prescribed term as it pertains to overloads.
Overload assignments for full time faculty are governed by the collective bargaining agreement (CBA). The collective bargaining agreement between CNM and the Union can be accessed online by going to CNM’s home page and clicking on the “Staff and Faculty Resources” link and then clicking on “Collective Bargaining Agreements” found under the heading of “Policies and Procedures.”
Class assignments will be null and void if the minimum number of students enrolled in order for the course(s) to make, is not met.
This contract is subject to the provisions of the Employee Handbook, as revised at any time. To the extent not specifically contrary to the provisions herein, the Employee Handbook is incorporated into this contract. To the extent any provision in this contract is specifically contrary to the provision of the collective bargaining agreement, the CNM Full Time Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement will govern.
Pay & Benefits
- Overload pay is based on Workload times the applicable rate.
- The definition of Workload is weekly contact hours plus office hours times the number of weeks for the course.
- The Workload column is listed on the Faculty Load and Compensation Acknowledgement Form.
- Overload course compensation is calculated as follows: $30/hour times Workload.
- If an instructor’s home school is CHSS or MSE then the overload course compensation is calculated in one of two ways to account, in part, for the fact that the typical semester is longer in these academic schools: 1) $30/hour times Workload; OR 2) course credit hours multiplied by a rate which is based on degree status ($550/Bachelors; $600/Masters; $650/Doctorate). The overload rate is the higher of the two calculations.
- No leave is earned for working an overload but earned leave can be used while working overloads.
- When a full time faculty member is absent from a scheduled class assignment and leave has not been approved, pay will be docked for each hour missed at the same hourly rate at which the instructor is paid.
Acknowledging Course Assignments indicates that you understand and accept the terms, conditions, and pay information contained herein and that your overload assignment(s) and the overload assignment data is accurate. To avoid any errors regarding your pay or overload assignment(s), please respond with your acknowledgement as soon as possible.