Early Adopters Program
Office 2013 is now available for those who want to participate in ITS’ Early Adopters Program (EAP) at CNM.
Requirements for participation in the EAP for Office 2013.
Since releasing a new application on to CNM’s networks can also introduce new desktop problems, the number of EAP participants will be limited to no more than 100 computers.
- The EAP will only be set up on CNM-owned computers
- Those eligible to participate in the Office 2013 EAP will be prioritized:
- Computer and applications support personnel
- CNM faculty (full-time or part-time)
- Computer lab staff
- Other interested participants
- Participants must agree to the following:
- Your computer system may be subject to inspection, scanning and reconfiguration due to unforeseen computer and/or network related issues specific to CNM’s computing environment
- Your computer system MAY be subject to having Office 2010 re-installed or/and Office 2013 removed two or more times through the course of the EAP.
- If substantial and unforeseen computer-related vulnerabilities are identified through the course of the EAP, your system may be disconnected from the network for security reasons.
- Participants will be asked to complete at least one survey through the course of the EAP so that we can learn more about the customer experience with this new operating system.
- Office 2013 media for home installation will be available for purchase under the CNM/Microsoft Campus Agreement. We don’t have the installation media yet, but you can request it from ITS in advance, go to this link for more information: http://www.cnm.edu/depts/its/requests/helpdeskservices/softwarecheckout.html.
To participate in the EAP program, please follow these 4 easy steps:
- Go to the Footprints login site: https://sos.cnm.edu/MRcgi/MRentrancePage.pl and log in with your windows username and password.
- Once you are logged in, choose the Service Catalog icon on the top of the page.
- Follow this breadcrumb: IT Services→Software Services→Early Adopters or BETA program
- Fill out a short request form and save the request; arrangements will be made to install Office 2013 (areas where a single computer is shared between multiple users require that ALL users on that computer be notified.)
Windows 8 is not available for EAP.
If you have questions or concerns regarding EAP, please contact the ITS Service Desk.