About CNM Libraries
- Library Locations & Hours
- Gaining Access to The CNM Libraries
- Library Policies
- CNM Libraries Strategic Plan
- Donating to the CNM Libraries
- Library Staff
To check out library materials, fill out a release form and bring it to any CNM library location with a valid CNM ID.
- Students: complete this form out once a year
- Faculty and staff: complete this form only once
- Community members: first get a CNM Guest ID , then register with the library
- To allow someone else to check out materials for you, fill out a Proxy Borrower Application
Library Instruction Scheduling Policy and Procedures
In order to provide the best service to the entire CNM community, Library Instruction and Library Instructional Lab scheduling will follow standard procedures. Main and Westside Campus Libraries have technology enriched spaces in which to conduct Library Instruction and to provide for follow-up research, by reservation with the Library Instruction Scheduler for the respective campus.
At ATC, Montoya, Rio Rancho and South Valley Campuses, Library Instruction is provided in ACE Labs, and scheduling must be coordinated with the Library and the Lab scheduler. A web form for scheduling Library Instruction or reserving the lab for use is provided on the CNM Libraries website, under Services, For Faculty, Schedule Library Instruction. Preference is given to Library-related use of the Library Instructional Labs. Library Instructional Labs are not available for regular class meetings or testing.
The following procedures will be in effect regarding scheduling of Library Instruction and Lab use.
All Scheduling must be done with the respective library’s scheduler via phone, email or web‐based form.
1. Library Instruction Scheduling
- Must be scheduled at least one week in advance by the Instructor
- Preferred and alternated dates must be indicated to ensure that you class will be accommodated.
- Confirmation of your request will be mailed to the email address you provide.
- Once confirmed, please provide at least 24 hours notice of change or cancellation.
- Instructor attendance is expected at each Library Instruction session.
- The time limit for a library instruction session is 60 minutes.
2. Library Group Study – Research Day Reservations
- Must be scheduled at least one week in advance by the Instructor, using a separate form.
- Preferred and alternate dates must be indicated to ensure your class will be accommodated.
- Must be preceded in the same term by a formal Library Instruction session.
- Research Days are limited to two per term/per course-section, following Library Instruction.
- Instructor must be present.
- Library staff will be available on-call, to help individual students as needed.
3. Non-Library Instruction‐Related Events - Reserve the Lab Only
- Must be scheduled no more than one week in advance.
- No library staff support or instruction will be available.
- Sponsor must remain on site during the time reserved.
- No recurring events, each date must be scheduled separately.
- May occur outside the library’s normal operating hours, with approval and access provided by Security.
To book non-library instruction requests in SRC 103 on:
- Mondays, Fridays, or Saturdays contact Esther Lozoya at 505.224.4400
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays contact Olivia Baca at 505.224.3278
The documents below detail the policies and services we offer to CNM students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- CNM Libraries Circulation Policy
The Libraries' circulation policy.
- CNM Libraries Copyright Policy
The Libraries' copyright policy, along with information and resources regarding copyright law.
- Collection Development Policy
Guidelines for CNM Library Services to assure quality and relevance in the selection, acquisition, retention, and de-selection of materials in a collection designed to support the mission of the college.
- Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines for Faculty
A chart of copyright and fair use guidelines by material type.
- Copyright Permission
Information and resources for obtaining copyright permission.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Policy
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service provided by the CNM Library System to assist the college community with their research needs.
- Libraries Technology Use Policy
Information about the computers and printing within the library.
- Library Instruction Policy
Find out more information about library taught instruction and scheduling space for your class to study.
- Library Code of Conduct
Guidelines for expected behavior when visiting the libraries.
The CNM Libraries strive to cultivate a positive learning environment to our diverse user population.
The CNM Foundation
Reorganized in 1992, the CNM Foundation is Central New Mexico Community College's private, non-profit 501(c)3 organization.
The CNM Foundation leverages private funding resources and opportunities to maximize CNM's operational and program funding. Gifts to the Foundation are tax-deductible and benefit College programs, scholarships and activities that are not funded through state operating and capital budgets. Ways to Give >>