News Link - July 26, 2012
Changes to Prescription Drug Coverage
Medco, the prescription drug benefit plan provided by New Mexico Public Schools Insurance Authority (NMPSIA) has implemented the following changes, effective July 1, 2012. If you regularly fill prescriptions at Walgreens, take note that copayments will be higher. You can transfer your prescription from Walgreens to another retail pharmacy to save money, or use the Medco Mail Order Program.
• Copayments are $3 for a 30 day supply at retail non-Walgreens participating pharmacies (formulary diabetic medications/supplies will remain $0 at these non-Walgreens pharmacies)
• Copayments are $8 at Walgreens pharmacies (copays for diabetic medications/supplies will be charged at Walgreens pharmacies)
• Copayments are $7.50 for Medco Mail Order for a 90-day supply (formulary diabetic medications/supplies will remain $0 at mail order)
Brand-Name Formulary Drugs
• 30 percent of the discounted cost with a minimum out-of-pocket cost of $18 and maximum of $50 at retail non-Walgreens participating pharmacies (formulary diabetic medications/supplies will remain $0 at these non-Walgreens pharmacies)
• 30 percent of the discounted cost with a minimum out-of-pocket cost of $23 and maximum of $55 at Walgreens pharmacies (copays for diabetic medications/supplies will be charged at Walgreens pharmacies)
• Copayments are $45 at Medco Mail Order for a 90-day supply (formulary diabetic medications/supplies will remain $0 at mail order)
• Copayments are $100 for a 30-day supply. After you pay $1,000 in specialty copays for the calendar year (Jan. 1 – Dec. 31), your copays for these specialty drugs will be reduced ($7.50 generic; $45 preferred; 70% non-preferred) for the remainder of the calendar year.
Montoya Campus Student Services Unavailable August 6-9
Student Services at Montoya Campus closed briefly from August 6-9 while they move from their current locations to the newly-renovated Tom Wiley Hall. This includes the following offices:
- Academic Advisement and Job Connection Services (includes Career Resource Center)
- Assessment (testing)
- CNM Connect
- Montoya Campus Administration
- Disability Resource Center
- Enrollment Services
- Financial Aid
- Student ID Office
All other offices at the campus will remain open and classes will continue as usual. Student Services Offices will reopen on Friday, Aug 10 in Tom Wiley Hall. Students can access all services at Main, South Valley or Westside Campuses.
Institutional Review Board Offers Recommendations for Research
The CNM Institutional Review Board (IRB) recently published its “Recommendations for Research,” outlining the best practices for conducting research on human subjects at CNM. The IRB is a group of faculty who review all proposed research involving human participants. If you are a faculty or staff member who requires collection of data from CNM students, staff and faculty, or if you are a faculty member who requires data collection in student projects, make sure you are familiar with the IRB’s recommendations. Click here to visit the IRB’s website and view the recommendations.
For Your Information
Human Resources Providing Free Diabetic Glucose Meters
For CNM employees that are currently covered by one of the New Mexico Public Schools Insurance Authority (NMPSIA) Medical Plans (Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico or Presbyterian Health Plan), you are eligible to obtain a free glucose meter from CNM’s Human Resources Department. You may pick up a meter for you and each of your covered family members who are enrolled on the plan and have the need for one of these meters. These meters use formulary strips that have a $0 copayment when you fill the strips with a prescription at a non-Walgreens pharmacy, or when you use Medco Mail Order. If you are interested in a free glucose meter, please contact your HR Technician at 224-4600.
ITS Service Desk Abbreviated Hours Between Terms
The ITS Service Desk will have abbreviated hours from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Friday, August 10, through Friday, August 24. The Service Desk will return to normal hours (Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.) on Monday, Aug 27, with additional hours on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the first four weeks of term, until Sept 22.
Blackboard Learn gets an Upgrade
On August 15, the CNM Blackboard Learn system will be upgraded to Blackboard Learn Service Pack 8 (SP8), which offers a variety of new features. Distance Learning is offering the following trainings to help faculty and staff transition to the Service Pack 8:
- Monday, July 30, 3-4 p.m.: Webinar
- Tuesday, August 14, 1-2 p.m.: Westside Campus, MJG 107
This training does not cover building or editing courses in Blackboard. If you are new to Blackboard Learn, please review the Bootcamp training video found in the Blackboard Faculty Resources shell at learn.cnm.edu . You can sign up for training at http://www.cnm.edu/ctl or on the CNM Event’s Calendar. If you have questions related to this update please contact the Distance Learning office at 224-4400.
Deadline for Submissions to Present at CNM Conference on Teaching and Learning is July 27
The CNM Cooperative for Teaching and Learning (CTL) will host the first annual CNM Conference on Teaching and Learning on Friday, Oct. 19. The location will be determined later this summer. The conference, which will be for CNM faculty and led by CNM faculty, will feature a wide variety of speakers on a range of topics relevant to all CNM faculty members. Are you a faculty member interested in presenting at the conference? Click here to submit a conference proposal — deadline for submissions is July 27. To help make this conference the best that it can be, if you’re a faculty member please click here to complete a short survey about your interest. By completing this survey and providing your email address, you’ll also be entered into a drawing for dinner for two at a local restaurant.
About News Link
News Link is a weekly e-newsletter provided by the Marketing and Communications Office for CNM faculty and staff. To submit an item for inclusion, please e-mail the Marketing and Communications Office . Please include “News Link” in the subject line of the e-mail. The deadline for News Link is 3 p.m. Wednesdays.