College and Career Bound
To qualify for the College and Career Bound program, you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a high school sophomore, junior or senior at a public or private high school.
- Be at least 16 years of age if home-schooled.
- Have proof of current high school or home school enrollment.
- Have ACT, SAT or Accuplacer scores on file at CNM.
- Be a resident in central New Mexico, living within CNM's service district.
As a public high school student, you may only enroll in 900-level courses. As a private or home schooled student, you can enroll in 900-level courses and above. You can take up to 18 credits of CNM courses per term. If approved by your high school or home-school program, you may also receive high school credit for these courses. Check with your high school counselor regarding this option.
Advantages of the Program
- You can complete a college certificate or degree more quickly because you've started college while in high school or being home-schooled.
- You can choose from a wide variety of General Education and Career Technical classes. Review the many programs CNM offers in our catalog .
- While you must pay tuition and fees, this program provides greater flexibility than the Dual Credit program because you can enroll in 900-level developmental courses to help you improve skills and be more successful in college-level courses. Please keep in mind that as a College and Career Bound student you do not qualify for financial aid .