Policies and Procedures for College-wide Closure or Abbreviated Schedule Due to Inclement Weather
Policies and Procedures for College-wide Closure or Delay Due to Weather
If the CNM District is impacted by snow or other weather that can make travel dangerous, the most timely ways to receive information on whether the college is closed or delayed is the "AttentionCNM" emergency text messaging system, the weather line at 224-4SNO (4766) and the CNM website. Emails will also be sent to all CNM email accounts -- personal email accounts can be added through the AttentionCNM system.
Announcements of closures or delays that occur during regular hours will also be announced on local television and radio stations, on the CNM website, via text messaging and through e-mail.
How a Two-Hour Delay Affects Classes
- When operating on a two-hour delay, CNM will be closed until 10 a.m. All classes scheduled to end before the announced opening time will not meet. So, if the college is not opening until 10 a.m., any class that ends before 10 a.m. will not meet.
- Classes with a start time prior to 10 a.m. that conclude less than 45 minutes beyond 10 a.m. will not meet. So, any class scheduled to end at 10:45 a.m. or earlier will not meet.
- Classes with start times before 10 a.m. that are normally scheduled to extend 45 minutes or more beyond the announced opening time will meet at 10 a.m. and dismiss at the normally scheduled ending time. So, when the college opens at 10 a.m., and a student had a class that began before 10 a.m. and ends later than 10:45, the student should arrive for that class at 10 a.m.
- Classes that are scheduled to begin after 10 a.m. will meet as usual. For example, if a student has a class that begins at 11 a.m., a student should attend the 11 a.m. class at the normal time. • The syllabus for classes that are not held at CNM facilities (high schools, UNM, clinical sites) will provide guidance for dealing with weather at these sites.
How a Shortened Schedule Affects Employees
- All nonessential personnel whose normal workday begins at or before 10 a.m. will report at 10 a.m.
- All nonessential personnel whose normal workday begins after 10 a.m. will report at their regularly scheduled time.
- Essential personnel will report to work at their regularly scheduled time or as soon thereafter as possible.