CNM Wireless Changes
CNM’s Wireless Networks are always changing
We are continuing to make improvements to CNM’s wireless computer networks in order to meet the growing need for wireless connectivity to computers and other devices. Many of CNM's classrooms and conference rooms now provide wireless access to the projector or large screen displays. Although you may find instructors using Google or Apple devices in their individual classrooms, the most common wireless solution is Crestron's AirMedia. Here are instructions for how to display your laptop through the AirMedia system:
1. On the computer, open a web browser and navigate to the IP address that is displayed in the top left corner of the screen displayed by the projector or classroom monitor. In the example below, you would enter http://192.168.0.196 in your browser's address bar.
2. Now you should see in your browser something like the screen below. Select the appropriate download button for your computer (Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac) and click the button to run the application. The application requires no installation and will startup immediately.
NOTE: When used on a Mac, the AirMedia client application must be run from within the disk image file. Do not drag the application out of the disk image file.
3. Once the client application is downloaded, content can be shared. The Login screen is displayed.
4. Enter the code displayed on the AM-100 welcome screen in the Code field and click Connect. The client establishes a connection between the computer and the AM-100 while displaying the presentation control screen on the computer.
5. Direct the presentation with the following controls:
If you have any questions regarding CNM’s wireless computer networks, or how to connect to them, you can contact the ITS Service Desk at 224-HELP (224-4357) or email@example.com.