High School & Dual Credit Programs
Become a Dual Credit Student
Visit our Steps to Becoming a Dual Credit Student for application instructions and to register for classes.
Email or call us at (505) 224-4715.
Theoffers free classes for students in central New Mexico attending a public, private, charter, or home school.
High school students can take college-level classes and get a jump start on a certificate or degree. Under the Dual Credit program, tuition and registration fees are waived (students are responsible for class fees and uniforms, if required).
Private School Students
- Private school students are eligible for Dual Credit starting their sophomore year.
- Your high school may cover the cost of your college textbooks. If not, you will need to purchase the required books. Find out more about CNM’s bookstores.
Home School Students
- Home school students are eligible for Dual Credit starting at age 16.
- Students will need to show home school registration with the New Mexico Public Education Department.
- Students will need to provide a transcript showing home school course work.
- Students will be responsible for the cost of textbooks.
Students who want to appeal the home school age restriction will need to:
- Submit a letter of appeal to Enrollment Services.
- Earn the needed placement scores on the first attempt with an Accuplacer, ACT or SAT test.
- Complete an interview.
Benefits of the Dual Credit Program
- Take the classes needed for an undergraduate degree.
- Begin a career program or explore new interests.
- Sign up for courses weekdays, weekends, evenings, or online.
- Choose from hundreds of CNM classes taught by CNM faculty.
- Take courses at any CNM campus, through distance learning, or one of the programs offered at a local high school.