Dual Credit Program Requirements
You are eligible for Dual Credit classes if you are a current sophomore, junior or senior from one of the high schools or charter schools participating in CNM's Dual Credit Program. Private school and home-schooled students are also eligible. Students who have successfully completed their freshman coursework can take Dual Credit classes the summer prior to their sophomore year.
Additional requirements include:
- You must be enrolled at your home high school at least half time.
- Home-schooled students must be 16 years of age.
- You must show that you have met course prerequisites by submitting ACT or SAT scores at a CNM Admission Office or by taking CNM's Accuplacer Assessment to test for college-level course placement.
- You can only take college-level courses, courses numbered 1000 or higher (except fitness courses).
- If you register for developmental courses, 900 level or below, you will be dropped from the classes.
- Will receive elective high school credit and CNM college credit when a course is completed.
- You cannot audit CNM Dual Credit courses.
Be sure to talk with your high school counselor for more information, including getting high school approval to participate in Dual Credit.