New Student Orientation
Which Orientation is Right for You?
What to Bring and Where to Go
Bring to your session:
- Your student ID number (a student ID card is not required, just the number)
- Comfortable walking shoes, as you will take a campus tour.
- Your to-do list for things to take care of while on campus.
Click here for maps showing where park and how to get to the correct building for your session.
If you are beginning college for the first time, you should sign up to attend an in-person New Student Orientation. If you are planning to get the Bridge to Success Scholarship, this orientation is a requirement for eligibility.
Dual Credit (High School) Students
If you are a dual credit student, you should complete the Online Orientation.
Returning and Transfer Students
If you have attended college previously, you should complete the Online Orientation. If you attended college through high school programs (Dual Credit, Making Money Work, etc.) and are attending full-time for the first time, we suggest you plan to attend the In-Person Orientation.
Not sure what kind of student you are? Click here.
At an in-person Orientation, you will:
- Learn about the many academic programs we offer and get to know other students who are planning to take similar courses as you.
- Familiarize yourself with Student Services, such as CNM Connect.
- Hear from Faculty and current students about how to be successful in your first CNM classes.
While you're on campus, take the opportunity to take care of other items on your to-do list. For a complete list of what you need to do as a new student, click here. If you need to make an appointment, do so before you arrive for your session.
Click on the session that you would like to attend, and sign up by clicking the yellow 'register' button.
Family and Ally Sessions
Family members, friends and loved ones are welcome to attend New Student Orientation. They will attend a separate Family and Ally Session hosted by CNM Connect Achievement Coaches. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Why attend Orientation?
Attending an in-person orientation will help you get started on your college career and help you understand what to expect as a new student.
All incoming freshman who will be qualifying for CNM's Bridge to Success Scholarship are required to attend an in-person orientation.