Helpful Parking Tips
Contact Parking Services at (505) 224-4000 ext. 51622 if you have any questions.
- Purchase a permit for paid/reserved lots before the term begins.
- Get a General Parking permit(s) for all the general lots at all CNM campuses. These permits are available at the Student Activities offices.
- Arrive early for your class. If your classes are between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday, plan to arrive at least one hour early.
- Find other means to school—ride the bus, carpool or ride your bike.
- Observe parking and traffic control signs in the parking lots. Reserved and restricted parking is strictly enforced.
- Park in handicap spaces without a valid state placard and CNM Disabled / Handicap Parking Permit. The blue striped areas between handicapped parking spaces are designed to allow drivers ample room to maneuver in and out of their vehicles without obstruction, especially when using mobility assisting devices (e.g., wheel chairs, vehicles with lifts, etc.).
- Block a roadway or parking aisle.
- Park in a fire lane, on a lot island, in landscaping areas, in front of dumpsters or loading zones, or in official CNM spaces.
- Leave your vehicle overnight or for extended periods of time.
- Assume anything about parking or listen to second-hand information. Call Parking Services at 224-4636 if you have a question or concern.
- Park in a paid permit lot if you have not purchased a permit for that lot. You will be ticketed. Please visit the CNM Cashiers Office, Main Campus, to purchase a paid permit.
- Arrive minutes before your class begins and expect to find a close parking space and be on time.