Procedure for disposal of Hazardous Waste:
(Hazardous waste as defined in CFR 40 § 261.3)
All CNM generators of Hazard Waste must keep a monthly log with proper name, manufacturer, and amount of Hazard Waste.
• All Hazards Waste will be properly labeled with:
- Exact product name
- Exact amount of product
- Manufactures name
- Must be legible
• Hazardous Waste will be stored while awaiting removal, in such a manner as to be in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations/laws for “small generators”.
CNM’s Safety Office will collect Hazardous Waste monthly for transportation to CNM’s Hazardous Waste storage facility.
• CNM’s Safety Office will not collect Hazardous Waste that is:
- Not Labeled
- Not properly contained
• Hazardous Waste will not be transported to CNM’s Hazardous Waste storage facility without the explicit permission of the safety office.
All generators of Hazardous Waste will keep the safety office current on all issues related to Hazardous Waste.
• CNM’s Safety Office will cause a permanent removal of all Hazardous Waste in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations/laws for “small generators”.
For any questions, concerns, or comments, please contact Gilbert Gallegos at the CNM Safety Office (505) 224-4657.