The Safety Office welcomes questions, concerns, and comments.
Contact Gilbert D. Gallegos at (505) 224-4000 ext. 44657 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Safety Office will implement and support:
- Safety education, safety engineering, and safety policies for CNM
- Procedures that seek to enhance the health and safety of all students, employees, and visitors
- Safe conditions and safety practices
- Activities that mitigate dangers for CNM's Students, Employees and Visitors
The Safety Office is responsible for insuring compliance with all safety codes for occupants and facilities, to included compliance with the following:
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA),
- The Hazard Communication regulations (CRF 40)
- The Life Safety Code (NFPA 101)
- International Fire Code (IFC)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
The Safety Office is responsible for maintaining a current inventory of chemicals and administers the safe disposal of hazardous materials.
CNM is committed to making all campus accessible to everyone. As part of that commit, The Safety Office reviews project plans for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility.
The Safety Office will conduct or assist with no notice inspection by:
- The Albuquerque City Fire Department
- The State Fire Marshal
- The Bernalillo County Fire Department
- Poms and Associates, (representatives of CNM’s risk carrier)
The Safety Office will administer monthly and yearly inspections of all fire extinguishers on all CNM campuses.