The Safety & Environmental Health Department welcomes questions, concerns, and comments.
Contact Thuy Fleming at (505) 224-4000 ext. 44657 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Safety & Environmental Health Department will implement and support:
- Safety education, safety engineering, and safety policies for CNM
- Procedures that seek to enhance the health and safety of all students, employees, and visitors
- Safe conditions and safety practices
- Activities that mitigate dangers for CNM's Students, Employees and Visitors
The Safety & Environmental Health Department is responsible for ensuring compliance with all safety codes for occupants and facilities, to include compliance with:
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA),
- The Hazard Communication regulations (CRF 40)
- The Life Safety Code (NFPA 101)
- International Fire Code (IFC)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
CNM is committed to making all campus accessible to everyone. As part of that commitment, Safety & Environmental Health Department reviews project plans for accessibility and compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The Safety & Environmental Health Department will conduct or assist with no notice inspections by:
- The Albuquerque City Fire Department
- The State Fire Marshal
- The Bernalillo County Fire Department
- Poms and Associates, (representatives of CNM’s risk carrier)
The Safety & Environmental Health Department is responsible for maintaining a current inventory of chemicals and administers the safe disposal of hazardous materials. Additionally, the Department will administer monthly and yearly inspections of all fire extinguishers, emergency exit signs, emergency lighting, and AED's on all CNM campuses.