About Service Learning
Sponsored active service provides opportunities and resources for students, faculty and the community.
- Studentsdevelop critical thinking and problem-solving skills within the context of structured, meaningful service in the community.
- Facultyachieve course outcomes through the service-learning model model while benefiting the community and developing the student.
- Community-based Agencies afford skills and real-world experience for students by working with engaged learners in a mutually beneficial community partnership.
Student Online Orientation
All students must complete the Service Learning online orientation before contacting agencies.
We have several new agencies for the fall term and we are working as fast as we can adding additional ones before the end of the first week – so encourage students to check back frequently.
Required forms including:
- Letter of Agreement / Enrollment Form
- Student Time Log
- Reflection Questions / Evaluation
Timelines / Deadlines
You can set your own deadline for students to submit forms or have them submitted by the following dates:
- Letter of Agreement / Enrollment form due
Specific date provided by instructor or Wednesday, January 25
- Time Log / Reflection Questions due
Specific date provided by instructor or Wednesday, April 5
If you are teaching a short term class please contact us and we will establish specific timelines for your students.
Finally, thank you for supporting Service Learning!