Agency List "R"
Roadrunner Food Bank
5840 Office Blvd NE (near Jefferson and I-25), Albuquerque, NM
STUDENTS MUST REGISTER BY GOING TO WWW.RRFB.ORG
Location directions: Near Jefferson and I-25
Agency Description/Mission: Roadrunner Food Bank solicits, collects and transports salvageable food from large and small food industry donors nationwide as well as making many purchases in bulk. We then distribute millions of pounds of food each year through a statewide network of emergency food pantries, group homes, low-income day care centers, shelters, soup kitchens and six smaller regional food banks. Our mission: "Ending Hunger in New Mexico"
Service Learning opportunities: Service Learning opportunities fall within these general categories:
- Receiving and Sorting Incoming Product and distribution to correct location (back stock)
- Rotating and Arranging Product - dry, produce, dairy and frozen (line stock)
- Familiarizing self with Computer Based Inventory Program - pulling orders, weighing and verifying orders, counting product, updating ULO & NIS list, receiving community donations (inventory management)
- Interacting with Customers - local agencies and subsidiary distribution organizations (agency relation) and Donors (donor relations)
- Recruiting, Scheduling and Training Volunteers - to include special populations
- Coordinating with Warehouse Manager (and other staff) to identify volunteer tasks
- Recruiting groups to participate in Hunger 101 and adapting curriculum as needed (program development)
- Networking with other non-profit agencies involved in hunger relief
- Participating in the planning, organization an "delivering" of special events (fund raising)
- Special duties as assigned
Note:Not all students will have the opportunity to participate in the listed activities
Orientation/Training schedule: See above.
Special conditions or requirements: Student needs to be aware of their physical limitations as many positions require turning and lifting.
Hours of operation when students are needed: Primarily from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Saturday. Limited evenings and weekends available for part of placement.
Minimum hour commitment: 15 hours