Orientation page 3
What is Service Learning?
Is Service Learning Right for Me?
Considerations before deciding
How do I enroll?
Turn in my paperwork
Choosing an approved agency
When I find an approved agency
Important things to know
Reflection ... time to consider
Withdrawing or not completing
By the end of the term
Eligibility... Are you eligible?
Students must have and be able to present a current CNM student ID card with photo and student ID number (not social security number). Without this, students cannot participate in the CNM Service Learning program.
- Do I have the time?
- Can I be on time?
- Allow extra time for enrolling in Service Learning, interviewing and training at the agency, and orientations
- Hours of service required
- Minimum of 15 hours of service
- Some agencies require more than 15 hours per term
- It's better not to become involved than to sign up and withdraw later.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Working with real people, real life situations
- Your ability to make and keep a commitment
- Learning about yourself
- Expanding your ideas of life and our community
- Agency representatives may change
- People will be depending on you!
- Emotional connections - You may get hooked!!!