STEM UP Student Education Leaders (SELs)
STEM UP Student Education Leaders (STEM SELs) are role models for CNM and UNM STEM students. Our CNM and UNM STEM SELs are pursuing many different types of STEM degrees from Biology and Environmental Science to Nuclear and Chemical Engineering.
Their academic and social experiences are diverse which allows them to be a wealth of information on topics such as how to transfer from CNM to UNM, which instructors to take and who to speak with about your particular degree program. STEM SELs help students find resources to navigate their STEM degrees.
Weekly Study Groups
In addition to mentoring other students, SELs host weekly study groups with their classmates and other students taking a particular course. They are also active members in the CNM and/or UNM student communities. CNM SELs, for example, participate in hosting weekly CNM student Math League, Physics League, Biology League and Chemistry Society.
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- Graduation date: Projected Spring CNM 2017
Projected Spring UNM 2019
- Area of Expertise: Trigonometry, Algebra, Calculus, basic Physics, and Programing
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Major: Computer software Engineering
- Graduation date: Fall 2017
- Area of Expertise: Intermediate/College Algebra/Trigonometry
- Email: email@example.com
- Chemical engineering
- Spring 2018 (UNM),summer 2016 (CNM)
- Area of Expertise: Environmental Engineering
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Expected graduation date: 2018
- Area of Expertise: Mathematics
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative Spring 2016 STEM UP Study Sessions
Math 1310/1315 Abe Tuesday 5:30-8:30pm Main SRC 203
Math 140 Diego Tuesday and Thursday 11:00-1:00pm Main SRC 203
Math 1710-2710 Bjorn Monday and Tuesday 3:00-5:00pm 12:00-2:00pm Main SRC 203
Chemistry 1710 Diego Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday and Thursday
9:00-11:00am, 9:30-11:00am Main SRC 203
Physics II 1892 Abe Wednesday 12:00-5:00pm Main SRC 203
Physics I/II 1810/1892 Abby Monday 12:00-5:00pm Main SRC 203
Physics 1810 Bjorn Thursday 12:00-5:00pm Main SRC 203
For more information on how to get mentored by a STEM SEL, contact CNM STEM UP.