Phi Theta Kappa (Honor Society)
Our Mission: "The Purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence."
Contact Phi Theta Kappa
All Student Clubs/Organizations at CNM must be officially chartered or recognized by the CNM Student Organization Chartering Committee on an annual basis. In order for a new student club/organization to be considered for approval as a chartered, recognized, or temporary group, the following must occur:
- Club/Organization must complete Charter/Recognition Packet.
- The proposed Club/Organization must have a designated advisor.
- The roster of proposed members for this Club/Organization must include a minimum of 7 active student participants with at least 70% of the participants being currently enrolled CNM students.
- The proposed Club/Organization must have a name.
- The proposed Club/Organization must have a mission statement and a governing document.
There will be one mandatory training session for all advisors of student organizations that do receive a charter.
For further information on Student Clubs/Organizations contact the Student Activities Office at (505) 224-3238.