CNM Phi Theta Kappa - Alpha Upsilon Chi Chapter
Phi Theta Kappa is the official international honor society for two-year colleges. It's main function is to reward the hard work of students who excel academically, to organize service projects and to coordinate honors study topics.
Phi Theta Kappa has recognized academic excellence in the two-year college since 1918 and has become the largest and most prestigious honor society serving two-year colleges around the world.
CNM’s chapter of Phi Theta Kappa is Alpha Upsilon Chi. Membership is by invitation only.
Letters of invitation are emailed to eligible students twice a year.
To be eligible for PTK, students must have:
- Declared a major in an associate degree program
- Completed 12 or more credit hours at CNM
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
Benefits of Phi Theta Kappa membership include:
- Prestigious Golden Key Membership Pin
- Certificate of Membership
- Wallet-size Identification Card
- Opportunity to purchase official regalia (stole and tassel) to wear during CNM Graduation Ceremony
- Phi Theta Kappa Gold Diploma Seal
- Scholarship Opportunities
Many of you have already received your invitation to join the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society and may be wondering what exactly is Phi Theta Kappa.
Well, we are not a fraternity nor a sorority, we are an international honor society of 2-year colleges. If you have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, then you are a part of the top 10% of your class amongst community college students in the country and around the world. So why not celebrate all your hard work and accomplishments by becoming a member of this prestigious honor society.
You may be asking yourself, “What’s in it for me?” Aside from meeting new friends, serving your community, making connections, and developing important leadership skills, being a member of Phi Theta Kappa has a number of other benefits as well, only some of which are:
- Looks great on your resume.
- Opportunities to become involved with the CNM Chapter
a. Events on Campus
b. Events within the Albuquerque Community
- Special Graduation regalia to be worn when walking in the CNM graduation ceremony
- $37 million in scholarships for which only members may apply
- FREE enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
- FREE access to Five Star Competitive Edge, a personal and professional development plan for building marketable skills and an online portfolio
- FREE access to our Career Resource Center
- Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa's anthology, Nota Bene
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapter
- Opportunity to become part of a network of over 2.5 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,270 campuses worldwide
- Increased pay grade for entry level federal jobs
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- Special benefits and offers from Phi Theta Kappa corporate partners
Phi Theta Kappa offers members opportunities to apply for over $87 million in scholarships from Phi Theta Kappa, partnering senior colleges, universities and foundations. One of the tools available to Phi Theta Kappa members is free access to CollegeFish.org, a free completion and transfer tool, including access to apply for over $37 million in transfer scholarships.
Click on the following links to read more:
If you have any questions or would like to find out if your name appears on the most recent list of eligible CNM students, please contact Tracy LaForteza at email@example.com.