Distance Learning Faculty Resources
Intersession Guide for Faculty
Click here to access the Intersession Guide for Faculty. Important information is provided for your intersession course.
My Mediasite Desktop Recorder
My Mediasite Desktop Recorder provides faculty and staff with the ability to create and share video, at a convenient place and time. With this tool you can manage and publish video content!
Faculty training will be available through CTL for the Fall term--watch the CTL calendar for more information. Peter Hurley, Director of Media Production Services, (firstname.lastname@example.org) is willing to provide training sessions for interested groups this summer. Please contact Peter for more information.
CNM Learn Copy Request Form
Distance Learning requires all course copies requested via the Course Copy Request Form.
The purpose of this new process is to ensure courses are right sized, deployed using the DL Classroom, and copied correctly.
Distance Learning Open Assistance Labs
Distance Learning conducts weekly Open Assistance Labs. Faculty are invited to stop by and receive Face-to-Face assistance with anything related to online teaching such as best practices in course design, or learning to use the technology and tools in CNM Learn. Registration is not required, just drop in. To view the dates and times the labs are offered click here.
New Mobile App Guide for Faculty and Students
We've collected a list of favorite apps from CNM faculty and students and now you can download the list and see what great apps are available for teaching, learning and communicating.
What is the DL Classroom?
The following document outlines a standard course structure that you can use in your CNM Learn courses. This layout enables students to work more efficiently online, and also meets many Quality Matters Standards. Click Here for more information on the DL Classroom! To review the Quality Matters Rubric, click on the link below.
DL Faculty Favorites- (OER) Open Educational Resources
The list below provides open educational resources that are available to you!
- OER Commons- Is a free online library that provides instructional materials.
- TEDEd- Is an educational website that shares lessons and ideas.
- Khan Academy- Is an educational website that provides free resources and materials.
- Wikibooks- Wiki based collection that provides free content textbooks.
- OpenStax- Provides free textbooks for students.
- Wikipedia- Free internet encyclopedia, has been found to be up to date and accurate for many content areas including science.
- HippoCampus- Provides free educational resources.
Online Teaching and Learning Resources
- Getting Started and Building Your Course
- Communicating and Collaborating
- Measuring Student Performance- Grades, Tests, Assignments
- CNM Learn Resources
- Creating Documents Using Google- This document provides instructions on using Google to create documents compatible with Microsoft Office.
Accessibility Tips: WebAIM provides resources that focus on accessibility for online content, the links below provide further information on checking accessibility within your course.