1401 Basehart Road SE,
BT #4 (Campus Map)
Find us on Main Campus near the corner of University and
Phone: (505) 224-4375, option 1
4700 Morris NE, Tom Wiley Building, room 101
The Federal TRIO Programs (TRIO) are federal outreach and student services programs in the United States designed to identify and provide services for individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds. TRIO includes eight programs targeted to serve and assist low-income individuals, first-generation college students, and individuals with disabilities to progress through the academic pipeline from middle school to post-baccalaureate programs.
TRIO Student Support Services was awarded to CNM Main Campus in October 2001 through a competitive U.S. Department of Education (USDE) grant award process and has received continued USDE funding. CNM Montoya Campus will begin a new TRIO Student Support Services program, commencing fall 2015. All TRIO programs are authorized under the amended law of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
Some landmark dates include:
- October 2014: TRIO Student Support Services grant competition, 5 year grant cycle.
- September 2013: Due to federal sequestration,TRIO had to the eliminate biology/chemistry tutor position.
- October 2012: Celebration event, 10 years+ TRIO Alumni event at CNM.
- Summer 2011: Moved to Basehart #4 temporary building for an estimated three years. Still maintaining offices, tutoring space and student computer lab there.
- 2010–2015: Successful grant competition secured five years of funding.
- Fall 2005: Moved department from the Student Services Center to the South Building at Main campus. This move created more tutoring space, computer lab, scanners, a Xerox copier, and a private conference room area.
- Fall 2005: TRIO added biology and chemistry tutorial services.
- 2005–2009: Successful grant competition secured five more years of funding.
- Fall 2004: Created TAG (TRIO Achievers Group) student club for student leadership and community service opportunities.
- 2001–2005: During the first 4 years (1st grant cycle) an English tutor position was added to tutoring subjects and we began the TRIO graduation banquet tradition.