How to Apply for TRiO
TRiO is funded to serve a limited number of students, so TRiO resources can only be offered to program participants. Students must apply and be accepted to participate. TRiO is an academic support program that offers academic guidance and tutoring. If you have questions about the program, please contact us at (505) 224-4375.
To be eligible for TRiO, a student must meet the following criteria:
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident; and
- have an academic need while working toward first associate’s degree and will be transferring to a four-year university
In addition, the student must belong to at least one of the following categories:
- be part of an income-eligible family;
- be a first-generation college student (neither parent/guardian graduated with a degree from a four-year institution);
- have a documented disability.