Adult Literacy Movement of Albuquerque
Join the Movement!
The Adult Literacy Movement of Albuquerque (ALMA) works with adult learners and volunteer tutors in support of adult literacy and English as a Second Language in our community. All services are free of charge. We are committed to tutor and adult learner recruitment, support, and retention.
ALMA is pleased to announce that we are now offering English Forward Instructor/Tutor Training to all current ALMA Volunteers. Please see our training page for more information.
Do you need a tutor?
Do you know someone who could benefit from our services?
Give us a call or print & complete the Student Intake Form.
Be a Tutor
Learn more about how to get involved with our program by following the links below
or attend an orientation session.
- Chair – Lis Turkheimer, Executive Director, Academic Affairs
- Vice-Chair – Liz Pearsall, Literacy Volunteer Tutor
- Secretary/Treasurer – Mary Bates-Ulibarri, Librarian, CNM
- Member – Anita Evans, Faculty, School of Adult and General Education
- Member – Lori Gallegos, Achievement Coach, School of Adult and General Education
- Member – Mindy Grossberg, ArtStreet Program Coordinator
- Member – Grace Labatt, Literacy Volunteer Tutor and co-editor of ALMA newsletter
- Ex-officio Member – Kristen Coultas-Kay, Literacy Volunteer Program Coordinator
- Ex-officio Member- Laura Dulin, ALMA Tutor Coordinator
Phone: (505) 224-4000 ext. 53085
Fax: (505) 224-4319