Assistance Centers for Education Tutoring Services
Drop-in Tutoring Learning Centers
- Main Campus
- Montoya Campus
J-103 and 107
- Westside Campus
- South Valley
- Rio Rancho
- Advanced Technology Center
What to Expect from a Tutoring Session
- Give you positive feedback.
- Listen closely as you describe the problem.
- Help you identify and correct recurring errors.
- Help you understand the ideas presented in your textbook.
- Demonstrate similar processes and refer you to other sources.
- Ask questions that will help you in the problem solving process.
- Guide you through all steps of a process for solving the problem.
- Provide you with guidance in understanding and solving the problem.
Tutors Will Not:
- Check all homework problems.
- Help with handwritten math problems.
- Help with take-home exams or quizzes.
- Help at a time when the student is scheduled to be in class.
- Teach an entire chapter or lesson that is covered by the instructor.
- Proofread or review papers or assignments the instructor has determined is the student’s responsibility.
Other Tutoring Options
- Study Groups
Peer-Assisted Study Sessions offered for selected CNM courses as well as Tutor-led conversation groups for ESL.
Many tutors are available by appointment. Click here to make one.
- Literacy Volunteers
Individual appointments and study groups with Literacy Volunteers.Read More.
Please contact Randy Crandall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 224-4308 if you have questions about an account.
Try brainfuse online tutoring!
ACE provides free online tutoring for current CNM students. Login to myCNM and go to the Students tab.