- Commercial Carpentry Apprenticeship
- Electrical Trades Apprenticeship
- General Trades Apprenticeship
- Industrial Plant Maintenance Apprenticeship
- Iron Worker Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Sheet Metal Apprenticeship
Our registered apprenticeships program of structured training combines on-the-job, hands-on training at the work site with classroom instruction in technical, job-related subjects. This combination of learning methods gives you both the skills and the knowledge you need to become successful in your chosen careers.
Central New Mexico Community College does not sponsor apprenticeships but does provide the classroom training required.
Apprentices selected for this program typically work in your related career area and are affiliated with a registered training agency. It is recommended that you submit an application to the partnering training agency to fully benefit from the coursework and apprenticeship program. Once you have been selected, you are indentured into the apprenticeship program and then the training begins. After completion of this program, you may be awarded a CNM certificate in addition to being able to sit for a journeyman licensing exam.
Department approval is required to register for courses and courses must be taken in the appropriate sequence.
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc (ABC)
- Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee for the Electrical Industry (JATC)
- Iron Workers Local 495
- Southwest Carpenters Training Fund
- United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 412
- Independent Electrical Contractors, Inc. Northern New Mexico Chapter (NNMIEC)
- Sheet Metal Workers Local Union Number 49
Apprenticeship courses do not qualify for financial aid or Veterans Administration benefits.