- Adding Content Endorsements
- Teacher Education (AA), Bilingual Elementary Concentration
- Teacher Education (AA), Career and Technical Education Concentration
- Teacher Education (AA), Elementary Concentration
- Teacher Education (AA), Secondary Concentration
- Teacher Education (AA), Special Education Concentration
Teaching remains a high demand field in New Mexico. The national and state trend in high school education has also increased the demand for skilled Career and Technical educators. The Teacher Education program facilitates an introduction to learning the theory and skills required for working with children K-12 in the public school system. Graduates of the program are able to find employment as educational assistants or substitute teachers within New Mexico.
In addition to college coursework, students will gain experience working with children in the classroom environment. This degree program offers concentrations in Elementary Education, Bilingual Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Career and Technical Education, and Special Education. Teaching in the public schools requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with the current exception of Career and Technical Education. So the concentration is specifically articulated for transfer to Eastern New Mexico University’s online Bachelor’s degree in Professional Technical Education. This program is designed to transfer to 4 year universities, and meets the State of New Mexico general education core requirements, and is a low cost high quality education option.