We are committed to fostering a hands-on learning environment, with innovative programs that are in synch with the evolving needs of students, industry and the community.
We offer 31 certificate programs and 17 degree programs at an affordable cost . There is a wide range of programs available to choose from; for example, you can learn to build a house, program a robot, drive a truck or create blue prints.
Most programs require basic hand tools. Students are encouraged to participate in nationally recognized student organizations such as SKILLS USA whose activities are an integral part of the curriculum. Students working toward a degree or certificate must earn a grade of C or better in all career and technical courses to meet school completion and/or graduation requirements.
School of Applied Technologies appreciate your interest in our educational programs. Applied Technologies is a community of students, industry partners and skilled teaching professionals, coming together in an environment of hands-on learning. Our aim is to allow students to gain the satisfaction that comes from mastering new skills and to further their career and personal goals. Explore our educational programs and thank you for choosing us.
School of Applied Technologies:
- Is dedicated to student learning through delivery of progressive educational programs
- Is committed to supporting its faculty, staff and administration through professional and leadership development, mentorship, and internal career ladders
- Cultivates an environment in which trust and honest communication are core values that provide the basis for effective collegial relationships
- Creates and sustains effective partnerships across its programs and within the college
- Values its industry partnerships, which it nurtures on a continuing basis
- Aims to continue its historic leadership role within the college
We prepare students for rewarding careers through more than 41 Associate Degree and Certificate programs in Transportation, Manufacturing, Design and Construction. In addition, post degree certificates are offered to professionals seeking additional training or certification in Photonics and Manufacturing.
Certificates are generally smaller groups of classes that are also part of a degree program. Some certificate programs can be completed in as little as one term! If you think finding time to attend classes will be difficult, we offer day, evening, weekend and distance learning classes to meet your needs.
We support a strong Apprenticeship program. Apprenticeship is a partnership between an employer and employee during which the employee or apprentice learns a trade. Our apprenticeship students earn credits towards a certificate or degree in the Commercial Carpentry, Electrical, Ironworker, Plumbing and Sheet Metal trades.
Promote a hands-on learning environment that will prepare you for a variety of design, construction, manufacturing and transportation positions in industry. We work closely with key partners to ensure students receive a relevant education.
Assessment information and assessment reports are available from the Student Academic Achievement Committee
- Academic achievement is all about what students can actually do when they have finished a course of study
- Degrees and programs list this information and call it "competencies"
- Competencies are measured as students graduate
- The results are used to improve program and degree outcomes
- Each degree or program publishes an annual report
- The report is a way of knowing how well an individual program or degree is doing in preparing students