Degree/Certificate Residency Requirements
Residency requirements represent the minimum number of program credit hours a student is required to earn for coursework taken at CNM prior to graduation with a certificate or degree.
If graduating from a catalog prior to the 2016-2018 catalog, at least 25 percent of the required total credit hours for a certificate and 12 credit hours for an associate degree must be completed at CNM.
If graduating from the 2016-2018 catalog, 15 credit hours for an associate degree must be completed at CNM. The required CNM credit hours for certificates depends on the size of the certificate and is listed below:
- Policy - Effective Fall 2016 * *
- AA, AS and AAS degrees require a minimum of 15 credit hours.
- Certificate requirements fall within the following guidelines:
Certificate Program Credit Hours Residency Hours 3-12 3 13-24 6 25-36 9 37-48 12 49-60 15
Residency requirements may also include CNM noncredit program specific courses offered through the Workforce Training Center or Ingenuity.
* Credit for prior learning and courses graded AU are not eligible for meeting residency requirements.
* * Students admitted under earlier catalogs may have different residency requirements.