Distance Learning Faculty Resources
New for Faculty! CNM Learn Copy Request Form
Distance Learning will be implementing a new Faculty Course Copy request for distance learning and web-enhanced courses. For the fall 2014 term the copy requests will be required.
The purpose of this new process is to ensure courses are right sized, deployed using the DL Classroom, and copied correctly.
To Access the copy request form click and open the following PDF (Requires Adobe Acrobat Pro), Course Copy Request or Word, Course Copy Request Form. To submit your request: Save your form and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CNM faculty members Kevin Dooley, HWPS and Brandon Morgan, CHSS conducted research on best practices in online course design and the implementation of the DL Classroom at CNM. Attached is their review, New Distance Learning Classroom at CNM
New Mobile App Guide for Faculty and Students
We've collected a list of favorite apps from CNM faculty and students and now you can download the list and see what great apps are available for teaching, learning and communicating.
What is the DL Classroom?
The following document outlines a standard course structure that you can use in your CNM Learn courses. This layout enables students to work more efficiently online, and also meets many Quality Matters Standards. Click Here for more information on the DL Classroom! To review the Quality Matters Rubric, click on the link below.
DL Faculty Favorites- (OER) Open Educational Resources
The list below provides open educational resources that are available to you!
- OER Commons- Is a free online library that provides instructional materials.
- TEDEd- Is an educational website that shares lessons and ideas.
- Khan Academy- Is an educational website that provides free resources and materials.
- Wikibooks- Wiki based collection that provides free content textbooks.
- OpenStax- Provides free textbooks for students.
- Wikipedia- Free internet encyclopedia, has been found to be up to date and accurate for many content areas including science.
- HippoCampus- Provides free educational resources.
Blackboard Collaborate 12.5!
This recent version of CNM Learn Collaborate includes increased mobile access options now including Androids, and accessibility/usability improvements including phone conferencing. Check out the following presentations for more information!
- Whats New in Blackboard Collaborate 12.5
- Introduction to Blackboard Collaborate Mobile Web Conferencing
Online Teaching and Learning Resources
Creating Documents Using Google- This document provides instructions on using Google to create documents compatible with Microsoft Office.
Accessibility Tips- WebAIM provides resources that focus on accessibility for online content, the links below provide further information on checking accessibility within your course.