VA Class Certification
Contact the Veterans Office to help you choose a program and courses that are eligible to use your benefits.
Find an Approved Program
To find an approved program of study, visit the VA Website for Approved Programs.
- click NM (or the shape of NM on the map)
- click Central New Mexico Community College
- click Programs
- and click Non College Degree
Follow these steps every term to certify your class schedule with the VA Office.
You must be enrolled in an approved program of study and register for courses that count toward your program.
Meet with an Advisor
You can schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor to help you choose courses that complete the approved program of study that you declare.
Register for Class
After meeting with your advisor, register for your courses on myCNM.
Get Certified Every Term
As soon as you register for classes, submit your final class schedule with a completed VA Class Certification form to the VA office in Financial Aid.
You have the option to submit your CNM class schedule to our office via email or fax the following form must be completed in entirety.
If this is your first time verifying your classes or you have not been continuously enrolled at CNM, you must visit our VA office on Main Campus to get your class schedule certified.
Veterans Eligibilities and Responsibilities
- The VA determines your rate of pursuit based on when your classes start and end. To remain eligible for a monthly stipend for the entire term, you should enroll in courses that are in session for the entire length of the term.
- Chapters 30, 35, 1606, and 1607 students are responsible for the cost of their courses and books each semester.
- Chapter 31 students are only responsible for the cost of the courses that the VA will not be certifying as well as any books and supplies required for those courses.
- Chapter 33 students are responsible for the cost of the courses that the VA will not be certifying and will not receive a book stipend for those courses. Also, Chapter 33 students are responsible for any percentage the VA will not be paying.