College and Career Bound
As a high school student you can earn college credit through CNM's College and Career Bound program. To qualify for the College and Career Bound program, you must:
- Live in CNM's service area in central New Mexico
- Be at least 16 years of age if home schooled.
- Be a current sophomore, junior or senior if attending a private or public high school.
- Have proof of current home school or high school enrollment.
- Have ACT, SAT or Accuplacer scores on file at CNM.
You can take up to 18 credits of CNM courses per term. You can take 900-level and above developmental and college classes. You may want to check out our Dual Credit program if you are a public high school student and would like to take college-level courses (1000-level and above).
Some high schools may also award high school credit for CNM classes taken through the College and Career Bound program. Check with your high school counselor or home-school program about this option.
- You can complete a college certificate or degree more quickly when you start taking college classes while in high school or being home-schooled.
- While you will pay tuition and fees, this program allows you to take 900-level developmental courses to help you improve necessary reading, English and math skills to be successful when you do enroll in college-level courses.