New Student Advisement Preparation
Things to Do
- Getting Started at CNM. Be sure to keep your student ID number and password to set up your myCNM account.
- Complete the Accuplacer placement exam or have ACT/SAT scores submitted to the Academic Records office. If you have previous college credits at another institution, please request official transcripts to be sent to the Academic Records office for evaluation and transfer of credits.
- Set up your myCNM account at the top of the www.cnm.edu webpage
- Complete the online New Student Orientation in your myCNM account. The in-person orientation is required for students planning to get the Bridge Scholarship. You’ll have a better understanding of the resources available to you as a CNM student.
- Take a look at the online Course Catalog. This is where you will find program information, such as required courses for your major.
Things to think about:
- What are your educational goals? Are you interested in taking a class or two, completing a certificate program, or an associate’s degree, or do you intend to transfer to a 4-year college?
- Which area of study are you interested in? If you haven’t chosen a major, that’s okay – have a few general ideas of subjects that appeal to you. You may also visit the Career & Transfer Information Center for career exploration activities.
- How much time can you devote to your education: Do you have other commitments which will limit your time?
Things to bring:
- CNM ID number (required)
- Government issued photo ID (required)
- Questions for your Academic Advisor*
- Pen/Paper for notes
* Note: Check with Financial Aid & Scholarship Services regarding the status of your financial aid award or application and to address any questions about your funding. Academic Advisement and Job Connection Services cannot answer any questions related to financial aid.