Pell Grant

Information about applying for a Pell Grant.


Pell Grants are generally awarded only to undergraduate students, those who have not earned a bachelor's or graduate degree from a national recognized or foreign educational institution.

In limited cases, however, Pell Grants are awarded to students with BA degrees who have been accepted into the Alternative Teacher Licensure Program at CNM. Among other requirements, only students with BA degrees can declare Alternative Teacher Licensure as a major. For more information about the Alternative Teacher Licensure Program at CNM, contact the School of Communication, Humanities, and Social Sciences.

Eligibility is based on enrollment status and the calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) based on the information provided on the FAFSA.

Students may not receive Pell Grant awards from more than one school during the same term.

Ineligible Courses

Students must be enrolled in eligible courses and in an eligible program. For a list of ineligible courses and programs, go to the Requirements web page.


Pell Grants are the foundation of federal student financial aid, to which aid from other federal and nonfederal sources might be added.

Grant amounts can change yearly.

If you're eligible for a Pell Grant, you will receive the full amount you qualify for. The amount of other student aid you might qualify for does not affect the amount of your Pell Grant.

Read more information about grant payments.


All Pell Grant applicants must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).