Fitness Technician Program
The Fitness Technician Certificate Program is a demanding two-consecutive term program starting in the fall term with most students graduating after the following spring term.
The major goals of the program
- You will be prepared to successfully sit for exams to earn nationally-recognized certification as a personal fitness trainer and/or group exercise instructor.
- You will be prepared for gainful employment as a personal fitness trainer or group exercise instructor in the Health and Wellness and Fitness industries.
According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, the U.S. Department of Labor expects employment of fitness workers to increase 29 percent over the 2008–18 decade, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
Check the Gainful Employment and Completion Rate
Health Status Requirements
To enroll in any physical activity course you are required to fully and accurately fill out the PAR-Q and Pre-participation Screening Questionnaire. If you who fail to do so you will not be able to participate in the course until that time all paperwork has been filled out completely and to the instructor’s satisfaction.
You are are required to have a signed medical release in order to participate in these classes if you are:
- A female over 55 years of age,
- A male over 45 years of age,
- Other individuals as required by the instructor.