Submit a Operations, Grounds and Custodial work order form
You can reach the Physical Plant at (505) 224-4574.
The mission of the Operations Department is to provide a clean and safe environment for the students, faculty, staff, and public. This mission shall be accomplished by:
- Providing job-related training to new employees and updating existing employees with training in new procedures, and the use of eco-friendly products and equipment.
- Providing continuous working relations and communication among employees and supervisors.
- Employing substitute personnel to cover for employees on leave, work orders and emergency requests.
Operations Grounds responsibilities:
- Upkeep and maintenance of lawns, trees, patios, shrubs, rose bushes, etc.
- Daily trash pick-up and removal
- Sweep and maintain all sidewalks including gum removal and graffiti clean-up
- Special projects - painting benches, tree planting, building and maintaining trenches for water lines
Custodial Operations responsibilities:
- Daily upkeep of offices, classrooms, lounges etc.
- Fluorescent lighting tube replacement in classrooms and restrooms
- Maintaining carpeted areas, (shampoo, extracting, bonneting)
- Tile floors, (stripping, waxing)
- Minor upholstery cleaning
- Graffiti removal
- Special projects through prior arrangements or advance notice