ECOS Members & Tasks
- Spokesperson for the group.
- Facilitates meetings.
- Plans agenda for meetings.
- Meets with CNM’s President on student issues and meets regularly with ECOS advisor.
- Serves as a member of the Internal Communication Team .
- Facilitates meetings if ECOS President is absent.
- Succeeds ECOS if necessary.
- Collects reports from Satellite Campus Representatives (via e-mail) and presents relevant information, changes, or events to the Council during regular meetings.
Student Relations Officer
- Serves as a liaison to all students and campuses.
Sits on Faculty Senate as a non-quorum member.
- Maintains accounts and financial records for money appropriated for ECOS.
- Prepares financial statements and makes them available for meetings.
- Familiarizes him/herself with purchasing processes and procedures to help ensure that appropriate processes are fallowed when purchases are made.
- Records and distributes “minutes” for each meeting.
- Maintains a record of activities and events held during the year.
- Collects samples of documents, correspondence, etc. for the year.
- Records attendance at all meetings and functions.
- Produces summary of attendance for each term.
- Produces After Event Reports (AER) including attendance, approximate turn out, and overall results of events and activities that are attend by, or hosted by ECOS.
Satellite Campus Representative
- Submits weekly reports via e-mail or letter to ECOS Vice President utilizing an approved format in lieu of weekly meetings or, attends said meetings.
- Sends visual confirmation of postings (flyers, posters, etc.) approved by ECOS at their respective campus’.
- Must submit an (approved format) vote-by-proxy if not able to attend mandatory meetings where voting is taking place.
- Must be registered for at least 3 verifiable credit hours at the campus they intend to represent. (Must maintain the previously stated overall 3 total credit hours of active registration with CNM per constitution membership guidelines.)
- Must attend CNM Governing Board meetings at their perspective campus of representation.
- Participate actively with all ECOS activities, events and meetings.
- Serve on assigned CNM committees.
- Attend at least 70% of ECOS meetings, activities and assigned committees.