Adult Literacy Movement of Albuquerque
Join the Movement!
The Adult Literacy Movement of Albuquerque (ALMA) works with adult learners and volunteer tutors in support of adult literacy and English as a Second Language in our community. All services are free of charge
The New Mexico Coalition for Literacy offers free student-centered tutor training, which leads to ProLiteracy certification in Basic Literacy and English as a Second Language (ESL). We are committed to tutor and adult learner recruitment, support, and retention.
Do you know someone who could benefit from our services?
Give us a call or print & complete the Student Intake Form .
Basic information: includes job description
- Chair – Lis Turkheimer, Executive Director, Academic Affairs
- Vice-Chair – Liz Pearsall, Literacy Volunteer Tutor
- Secretary/Treasurer – Mary Bates-Ulibarri, Librarian, CNM
- Member – Anita Evans, Faculty, School of Adult and General Education
- Member – Ginny Sunderland
- Member – Lori Gallegos, Achievement Coach, School of Adult and General Education
- Member – Mindy Grossberg, ArtStreet Program Coordinator
- Member – Grace Labatt, Literacy Volunteer Tutor and co-editor of ALMA newsletter
- Member – Michael Heim, Program Director UNM High School Equivalency Program (HEP)
- Member – Ladella Williams, Student Representative
- Ex-officio Member – Kristen Coultas-Kay, Literacy Volunteer Program Coordinator
- Ex-officio Member- Laura Dulin, ALMA Tutor Coordinator
Phone: 505.224.4000 ext. 53085