HSE Registration and Class Information

Information for High School Equivalency (HSE) program registration and classes.

ABE Logo

Contact Us

Main Campus
SSC, Room 110
(505) 224-4282

More information

ABE Program Printable Flyer

ABE Folleto Imprimible

Registration and Orientation Dates

New HSE students are required to attend a 90-minute orientation. Please visit the ABE office at Main Campus (SSC 110) or call us at (505) 224-4287 to reserve a space.

We will be taking reservations for New Student HSE Orientation sessions for the second half of Fall 2019 term starting on Monday, September 9, 2019, and they will be held on the following days:

  • Friday, September 13, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
  • Friday, September 20, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
  • Monday, September 23, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.

These classes will be at Main campus only. Advisement appointments will be held from September 30, 2019 through October 11, 2019 for classes that start on Wednesday, October 23, 2019.  Please call 224-4287 to reserve a space.  

**Please note that during the term, you will need a visitor parking permit to park on Main campus. Fill out the visitor parking form at this link to get a permit:  Visitor Parking Permit (one day only).

New Students

Eight Steps to CNM HSE (High School Equivalency) Classes

  1. If  you are under 18, obtain the necessary paperwork and signatures. View the ABE program page for more information.
  2. Attend one of our orientation sessions. Come to SSC 110 or call 224-4287 to reserve a space.
  3. Take the CASAS Reading and Math GOALS Assessment at Main Campus Monday through Friday 8am to 1pm in SSC-204 or at Montoya Campus in TW 103 (by appointment only).
  4. Make an appointment to see an HSE advisor at Main Campus.
  5. Meet with an HSE advisor in SSC 110 Main Campus to review your test scores, select classes, and get your questions answered.
    Bring your $10.00 registration fee and a photo ID showing your birth date.
  6. After payment, you will receive your class schedule and information on tutoring and parking.
  7. Get CNM ID and bus pass or parking permit at Student Activities Office.
  8. Find your classroom(s) in person or on a map.

Returning Students

If you have attended HSE classes at CNM before, but are not currently enrolled in classes this term, you may need to take the CASAS test again if your test scores are more than six months old. You will also need to meet with our advisor to register.

Continuing Students

If you are currently enrolled in HSE classes and want to sign up for classes next term, you will need to complete a two-part registration process in your current class:

  1. In-Class Advisement: Your current instructor will advise you on which class(es) to take the next term based on your CASAS test scores and on your progress in your current class. Please check with your instructor to see if you need to take a progress test.
  2. Registration: Your instructor will give you a registration form to complete in class and will collect your form for processing. You will be able to get your new class schedule either from your instructor or in our Main Campus office in SSC-110.