Plumbing and Gas Fitting
Degrees and Certificates
- Plumbing and Gas Fitting, Associate of Applied Science
- Plumbing and Gas Fitting, Certificate of Completion
Plumbing and Gas Fitting Program
The Plumbing and Gas Fitting program will provide you with opportunities to develop marketable skills installing, repairing, and maintaining common plumbing systems.
The program focuses on mathematical computations, manufacturer requirements, technological advancements, public health, and general public safety responsibilities.
The core principles and concepts of plumbing systems are covered in each course. Classroom theory is mixed with team and individual hands-on projects, which are recorded, completed and evaluated.
You will learn about:
- Plumbing safety
- Blueprint reading
- Gas fittings
- Pipe layout
- Drain waste
- Vent piping systems
- Backflow prevention
- Commercial plumbing
- Building maintenance and repair
- Hydronics and plumbing systems
- Plumbing code applications