Main Campus Office Hours
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
8:00am to 5:00pm
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
*not all exams offered on Saturday, please call for availability.
About the Accuplacer Exam
- The exam is computer based
- Completely free
- Results are given upon completion of the exam
- Scores are good for five years
- The exam is given at any CNM Assessment Center on a walk-in basis (except the Workforce Training Center)
- The exam is self-paced and is not timed
- On average, the exam takes 1.5 to 2 hours to complete
- Re-test as many times as you like
- Paper and pencil version “Companion” exam is available, and takes 2.5 to 3 hours to complete
- It is highly encouraged that CNM students first apply to the college
- Textbooks, notebooks, dictionaries, calculators, and paper are not allowed in the testing room
- Children or other visitors are not allowed in the testing room
- Anyone who gives or receives help during the tests, uses notes, books of any kind, will not be allowed to continue the test
- No test materials or notes may be removed from the test room
- CNM may cancel any test score if there is reason to question the validity of the test scores
- Wait 24 hours to take the exam again
Practice the Accuplacer Exam
Accuplacer Placement Score Guide
Access the Accuplacer Placement Score Guide.
Accuplacer for Distance Learning Students
- If you are taking Distance Learning courses and are located outside the Albuquerque Metro area follow these steps to test in your local area
- Find a local test center willing to give an exam for another college (try a local community college as they are often willing to help; payment may be needed)
- Check to see if they can give exams that require a computer with internet access
- Complete the form below and fax it to (505) 224-3258
- Wait for an email reply from CNM before taking the test