You can get a CNM student ID at any CNM campus except ATC

Student ID Example

Where to Get Your CNM ID 

Walk-in Service Hours

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

One Stop

Main Campus - SSC 100
Montoya - TW 105
Rio Rancho Campus - RRI 121
South Valley - SV 101
Westside Campus - MJG 100

Student IDs

To be issued a CNM student ID card, bring your current acceptable government-issued ID to CNM One Stop. There is no charge for your first ID card. If you have an older CNM or TVI ID card, you can trade it in for a new one at no charge.

ID Costs

  • First ID: Free

Group Reservations

Acceptable Government-Issued IDs

You will need to provide a government-issued ID to obtain a CNM ID card. Examples include:

  • University/College issued Photo ID
  • Official high school student-identification card from the school currently attending
  • Government-issued driver's license or non-driver ID card
  • Government-issued Photo Work Badge
  • Government-issued passport
  • Government-issued military or national identification card (Consulate, Permanent Resident Card, Immigrant Visa Card, Employment Authorization Card)
  • Prison Photo ID (released within the last 45 days)
  • Tribal Photo ID (no photocopies accepted)

Specialized Student IDs

If you are enrolled in specialized classes at CNM (nursing, phlebotomy, etc.), you may be required to get a specialized ID to participate in practicums.

Information about these requirements will be provided by your instructor.

Please call ahead to make sure your instructor has sent the approved list for the current semester. If they haven't, we won't be able to make your ID.

Faculty & Staff IDs

Faculty and staff are required to carry their CNM ID on them at all times while on campus. The ID contains the employee's full name and employee ID number. Faculty and staff that have misplaced their ID card or have had their card stolen must immediately file an incident report to CNM Security Dept. 

Guest Lecturers and Conference Attendees

If you are guest teaching a class or attending a conference on campus and need temporary computer access, your sponsoring school or department can request a guest pass free of charge for the duration of the event.

Contact the ITS Support Center at (505) 224-HELP (4357) or e-mail for more information. In this situation, there may not be a fee and no ID card will be issued.